Re: Ezra

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 18:04:41 CST

    On 21/11/2004 23:02, Edward H. Trager wrote:

    >Are you saying the difference in names is "SIL Ezra" vs. "Ezra SIL" ?
    >That's too confusing!

    Confusing, but true.

    > When I gave the URL, I checked that it was referring
    >to an "OpenType" font --and since it was OpenType, I assumed that it was the
    >newer version with a Unicode CMAP. If SIL still has links to legacy non-Unicode
    >versions of fonts which now also have Unicode versions, then they should make
    >this really clear to people. My apologies if I provided the wrong URL.

    No, you provided the right URL, but the wrong font name.

    For reference:

    For the Unicode font Ezra SIL, go to
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=EzraSIL_Home
    Do use this for web pages, but Hebrew accents may not display properly
    on some systems.

    For the legacy font SIL Ezra, go to
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=SILEzra
    Don't use this for web pages because it doesn't work with IE6. The
    situation is clearly explained at this URL.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)