cannot convert certain characters from utf8 to shift-jis

From: pragati (pragatid@cybage.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 06:21:30 CST

    Hi there,

      Above attached files contains data which I need to convert to shift_jis and perl code used for conversion.
    But I encounter following problem while doing the same.
    What I found was, some module perform conversions on some characters but some modules do not.
    Does some modules supports some mappings whereas other do not?

    For example
    1. use Encode; => supports mapping for Ð
           while
        use Jcode; => does not support mapping for Ð.
    2. whereas ¬ is not supported by any of them.

    Please reply.

    Thanks in advance.

    Warm Regards,
    Pragati Desai.