Re: Myanmar script, Pali language and other unencoded conjuncts or punctuations

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 02:13:59 CST

    On Friday, December 31st, 2004 11:52Z, Philippe Verdy va escriure:

    > Are there sources available for an exhaustive list of contextual
    > forms and conjuncts used in the Myanmar script?

    You should know that "exhaustive lists" are kind of impossible with
    virama-based scripts.

    Look after MyaZedi (http://www.myazedi.com/downloads/).

    > and most of them contain symbols and conjuncts
    > that appear nowhere in the Unicode standard. My interpretation of
    > these symbols is that most of them could be used to write Pali and
    > Mon languages, but they are not used directly to write Burmese.

    Well, this is not how I see things. In fact, I fail to find fonts which have
    glyphs outside those for the Burmese language, besides the codepoints
    already listed in The Unicode Standard at U+105x...

    Chris gave a very interessant link that have a lot of material, either
    directly or linked. I found that a newer form seems to exist at
    http://www.mcf.org.mm/unicode/.

    Happy New Year to everybody,

    Antoine