Re: Codepoint Differentiation - Serbian t

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark-lists@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 20:27:38 CST

    on 2005-02-26 13:34 UList@dfa-mail.com wrote:
    > I do see that language tags can work. In a monolingual document
    > they're a fine solution.

    Natural language is fundamentally stateful, hence language tags.
    Monolingual documents often have *implied* language tags, by virtue of
    being used in a monolingual environment. But language tags are most
    useful in multilingual documents.

    on 2005-02-26 15:04 UList@dfa-mail.com wrote:
    > That can be fixed with one download.

    You mean there is only one person using a Serbian keyboard? Perhaps this
    isn't as much of a problem as others have implied.

    > That can be fixed with a search-and-replace.

    Hmmm, and there is only a small corpus of Serbian documents, all stored
    in one place.

    Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
    Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062