RE: Unicode Stability

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 11:41:21 CST

    My claim is that together with Qamats Qatan there should have been also
    Qamats Gadol. Without it, the same Unicode can mean either "ambiguous"
    Qamats or Qamats Gadol, and there is no way to know which was intended. For
    instance, if you have a piece of text without any Qamats Qatan, you cannot
    tell whether all the Qamats in it just happened to be Qamats Gadol, or the
    author had intended the ambiguous meaning.

    Another example is cut and paste from a number of sources, when some make
    the distinction and some do not.

    I have yet to read an answer to this issue.

    Yes, it is true of any disunification, when it is incomplete.

    Jony