Re: But E0000 Custom Language Tags Are Actually *Required* For Use By Unicode

From: UList@dfa-mail.com
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 04:02:50 CST

    > Unicode isn't about fonts or displaying text. It's about electronically
    > storing text in a unique fashion which can be retrieved, transmitted, and
    > exchanged.

    Well incidentally, I wish I *could* use Unicode itself to store, retrieve,
    transmit, and exchange an archaic-Greek-script-variant inscription, in a
    unique way which both indicated its relation to, and variation from the
    standard Greek script.

    > (Of course, the ability to display such text can be useful, too.)

    I just stick my finger in the hard drive and feel the electrons. *No* messy
    and inconvenient glyphs required : )