RE: CGJ for Two Greek Ligatures?

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 11:00:04 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of UList@dfa-mail.com

    > Did I not read somewhere that ZWJ is "really" only intended for Indic
    > ligatures? I thought I saw something like that, and CGJ was "better"
    for
    > Latin
    > (etc.)... Total hallucination?

    Might I suggest that you start familiarizing yourself with the Standard
    itself, in which you can find the definitive answers to questions such
    as these.

    You'll find the entire content of the current version online at
    http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.1/. You don't have to read
    the entire thing, but to learn about characters such as CGJ and ZWJ,
    you'll want to start with Chapter 15.

    Peter Constable