Re: Languages using multiple scripts

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 01:42:05 CST

    Doug Ewell a écrit :
    E. Keown <k underscore isoetc at yahoo dot com> wrote:

    Still collecting examples, but Aramaic, with 8
    separate writing systems is the most polyscriptal,
    followed by Mongolian....

    I still want to know which language is 3rd --EK

    Azerbaijani, at least, has been written in Arabic, Latin, and Cyrillic.
    (We have registered tags for each of those.)  I don't know where that
    places it in the derby.
    Caucasus should be a good region to search for languages written in many scripts : Abkhaz is or was  written in Georgian, Cyrillic, and Latin scripts I believe. Extracts are also known in (Turkish) Arabic script.

    P. A.