Re: Encoded rendering instructions (was Unicode's Mandate)

From: Dean Snyder (dean.snyder@jhu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 08:58:08 CST

    Arcane Jill wrote at 9:10 AM on Friday, March 11, 2005:

    >511, surely? Otherwise we'd have to notate every single character as "not
    >damaged".

    Yes, I've thought about the edge cases, no damage and full damage, and
    provisionally felt that they should be included for those rare occasions
    when one might want to explicitly indicate those particular damage states
    if a previous author had a different analysis. Obviously these would be
    very rare and even optional at that.

    Respectfully,

    Dean A. Snyder

    Assistant Research Scholar