Languages of the world

From: N.R.Liwal (liwal@liwal.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 13:26:17 CST

    Hello,

    I wonder weather a discussion that I would like to initiate might have been
    already discussed on this forum, it is:

    How many languages are spoken in the world today?

    How many languages are written in the world today?

    It might be controversial, do we have any ranking of the world languages?

    How many languages are endangered?

    Generally many factors might have occurred for a language to become
    endangered,
    which are the most important mistakes on part of the speakers?

    Is a culture die with a language, what we loose if a language die?

    What precautions are needed to save languages from becoming endangered?

    Regards.

    N.R.Liwal
    www.liwal.com