Re: 'lower case a' and 'script a' in unicode

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 14:53:35 CST

    Alec Coupe wrote,

    > I hope this can also be appreciated by designers of unicode-compliant
    > fonts with all the IPA extensions. At the moment there is none available
    > that doesn't have the rendering problem elucidated by Vlad.

    Of course there are.

    How many of the fonts listed here for IPA...

    http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/ipa_extensions.html

    ...have you tested?

    Any font which doesn't include an italic version will
    oblique as you require, maintaining the desired distinction.

    Try Cardo, for example.

    http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html

    Best regards,

    James Kass