Re: Tamil 0B83: Tamil Aytham and Devanagari VisargaL

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 17:19:37 CST

    You might or might not see dotted circles in this page below.
    http://www.geocities.com/avarangal/tamil/ahenum.htm
    But if you see dooted circle, do not vorry as it has already been resolved
    and once you upgarde your pc/os this problem will disapear.

    There are linux developers, who do not speak Tamil. I have been informing
    them about the flaw in UC description and they go and learn more about how
    UC is wrong, preventing them from continue to make mistakes.

    I have not seen a completed product that broke yet. But I have come accross
    developers whose undestanding was changed by discussing this fault of
    Unicode in advance, preventing future problems.

    (FYI: Though it is not UCs problem, I have seen Unicode fonts published
    without the dotted circle glyphs. This gives the illusion that evrything is
    hungydori. Developers using this kind of font as proof readers are large in
    numbers. They do not see the problem now. But they will see it in the
    future, when it is too late.)

    Sinnathurai srivas