Re: Version 4.1 of the Unicode Standard Released

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 15:10:42 CST

    From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk@qaya.org>
    > On 31/03/2005 21:48, Philippe VERDY wrote:

    >>But I had forgotten to look at this summary page:
    >>http://www.unicode.org/charts/
    >>

    > I note that there has been a major revision of this page today (I had to
    > press "refresh" to get it) which makes it much easier to find scripts. It
    > is more compact, and has blocks listed logically and alphabetically rather
    > than in raw code point order. Thank you for this.

    This was not the case on friday (yes I had refreshed the page, in fact my
    browser cache is cleared each time I close it, simply because it's faster
    like this with a clean cache at the start on a broadband link, and it
    protects me from possible privacy intrusions by some new malwares not
    detected by my protection tools, so all web pages are relaoaded the next
    time I reconnect to the Internet).

    I have to admit that this was confusing on Friday, but today the links are
    properly setup, so I have seen the useful and pretty compact page with all
    script blocks linked to their PDF... Thanks to Unicode website maintainers
    to have built this!