Re: Macrons

From: Raymond Mercier (RaymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 04:43:47 CST

    Andrew Cunningham pointed out that you need Word 2003, not just Word 97, and
    that may be true. Certainly I am using Word 2003, but I find to my surprise
    that the Doulos SIL trick (if I can call it that) works in a pure text file.
    I mean, if I save the Word 2003 file as Unicode text, and open it in
    Notepad, then the macron display is correct as long as I use the Doulos SIL
    font in Notepad.
    The OS is XP Pro + SP2, which may be relevant - I am not quite sure.

    Raymond Mercier