Re: Deseret Unicode

From: Edward H. Trager (ehtrager@umich.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 08:21:36 CST

    > In my humble opinion, the best practice is to *not* specify fonts
    > in multilingual text pages unless it is assured that *all* users have
    > access to the *same version* of the specified font. Otherwise there
    > will be display problems.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > James Kass

    If one does not specify fonts at all, the browser may still pick a
    less-than-ideal font if it is even smart enough to not simply default to
    showing squares. Another alternative would be to specify the font in CSS,
    but also provide a download link to the font -- at least in the case of
    Open Source fonts or shareware fonts like Code 2000.

    - ET