Re: ASCII and Unicode lifespan

From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 21:04:10 CDT

    At 02:30 19/05/2005, Mark Davis wrote:
    >It iz extreemlee difikult too git peepul too caenj a wiedspred sistum, eevun
    >if it iz not az rashunul az it cuud bee, win dhu kosts uv dooeen soe or
    >veree hie. Dhu reezun dhat Yoonikoed waz suc u sukses wuz dhat dhu paen
    >kaazd bie dhee dhen-egzisteen olturnutiv, u *hyooj* muras uv kunflikteen
    >koedpaejiz, wuz soe veree muc hieur. Soe peepul kuud see u kleer benufit
    >dhat maed it wurth dhee ekspens.
    >
    >Dhu odz uv dhat hapining in dhu foerseeubul fyoocur foer dhee inkoedeen uv
    >tekst or, at best, miniskyool. Noebudee iz goeeen too caenj too u brand-noo
    >inkoedeen bikuz "BRACKET" iz mispeld oer biblikul heebroo iz sumwut moer
    >okwurd dhan it kuud bee; it iz for too kostlee.

    I see the impact of Franglish on you :-)

    May be will you want to read RFC 3869 to see what IAB thinks about the
    commercially funded contributions great but unfortunately limited
    contribution capacity. As for the Roman horses asses vs. British ponies
    asses dispute over NASA rockets, all efforts contribute. But at some stage
    - the Lords and the Congress must pass a bill - and States to put money to
    finalise, harmonise, correct .. and sometime impose what private searchers
    did not dare to dream (look at Gabriel Mouton, 335 years ago ....). The
    Unicode effort will last, but it is a major step ahead calling for other ones.
    jfc

    PS. If you do not know who Gabriel Mouton
    http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/origin.htm
    A pal of mine :-)