Re: ASCII and Unicode lifespan

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 18:19:24 CDT

    Alexander,

    > > That I realize. Especially when it is Microsoft who's paying most part
    > of the
    > > bill

    Your assertion about "paying most of the bill" is incorrect. The consortium
    is and has been supported by a wide variety of companies and other
    organizations, as seen from the membership list on
    http://www.unicode.org/consortium/memblogo.html. Of course, Microsoft has
    made other very important contributions as seen on
    http://www.unicode.org/consortium/donors.html, plus of course all the
    technical expertise they have contributed --but so have other members,
    including my own company.

    Now, if you mean the amount of money that Microsoft has devoted to
    implementing the standard -- compared to the amount others have -- that is a
    different topic. I have a certain degree of skepticism that you are in a
    position to make any such claim, unless you are miraculously privy to the
    details of the budgets of all the organizations involved.

    ‎Mark