Re: ASCII and Unicode lifespan

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 11:29:52 CDT

    On 20/05/05, Peter Kirk <peterkirk@qaya.org> wrote:

    > >If you ask me, current use of the Latin script by certain members of
    > >this list seems to be for fantasy only.
    > >
    > Well, I agree with Michael that "Most of the threads on this list have
    > been likewise unproductive of late". But I reject his suggestion that
    > criticism of the Unicode standard should be censored. If this list were
    > restricted to a small group of those who congratulate one another on
    > what a good job they have done with Unicode, it would be even more
    > unproductive.

    I agree with you on this. I for one did not approve of the censorship
    of the Phoenician issue, and even though I found the repetition of the
    same old arguments tedious and unproductive, I would have been happy
    to let the debate continue (although in my case unread into my deleted
    folder). But when people come on to this list purely with the
    intention of heckling, openly admitting that they do not use Unicode
    and do not want to use Unicode, then I think that they are expressing
    themselves on the wrong forum.

    Andrew