RE: hebrew font conversion

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 15:37:36 CDT

    You could convert it easily to HTML:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/dirlang.html#bidi88598

    Jony

    -----Original Message-----
    From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org] On
    Behalf Of Raymond Mercier
    Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 6:46 PM
    To: unicode@unicode.org
    Subject: hebrew font conversion

    [This is really a question for the Hebrew Computing Forum, but I have tried
    there and drew a blank.]
    The problem is that I composed many documents in Word using an ad hoc Hebrew
    font, and wish to convert to Unicode.
    When I run a macro that exchanges the old codepoints for the U+Hebrew
    points, the characters in each word are reversed. I have tried to cure this
    by writing another macro using StrReverse() . Sometimes this works, but
    there are problems - especially with tables.
    Does anyone have experience of this, and or/a solution ?
    I will have the same problem with Arabic Word docs.
    Raymond Mercier