Phaistos (was: ASCII and Unicode lifespan)

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 07:13:06 CDT

    I still believe that Phaistos was probably only a game, and the only
    practical use I have for it is a beautiful pair of gold ear-rings bought
    during a standards conference in Athens, yet my _gut_ reaction is that
    it should, must be recorded in Unicode, if only because of the many
    documents in which its elements are discussed and compared with elements
    of known languages. I also feel it may be an incomplete repertoire to be
    restored some day.

    For what it's worth,
    mg

    Scríobh "John H. Jenkins":