musical multi rest symbols

From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 05:08:12 CDT

    Hi,

    I've noticed that there is only one "musical symbol multi rest" in the
    musical symbol block, and the symbol is not the one I'm used to (but
    this doesn't matter much).

    Yet, there exist a "double rest" and a "quadruple rest" symbols.
    http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/rests.eps shows an example of how
    some musical publishers write 7 rests for instance: a quadruple rest, a
    double rest, and a "whole rest" (which I'd call a single rest). They
    don't seem to have a symbol for "octuple rest" or more: they use a multi
    rest symbol.

    Have double and quadruple rest symbols ever been considered to be coded
    in unicode ? I guess this would be useful.

    Regards,
    Samuel
    PS: at last it got on the list...