Re: Unicode in 2x2 square

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 15:25:49 CDT

    Off of this topic, which is better answered by others already:

    Once Upon a Time, when IBM-PCs still spent most of their time in text
    mode, I designed a text screen font that had the symbol in the bottom
    part of the character cell and the character code in tiny numerals in
    the top part. I had a hexadecimal version and also a decimal version,
    though there wasn't room for three digits and I just set zero, one, or
    two one-pixel dots for the hundreds digit. Surprisingly useful, actually.

    ~mark