Re: Feedback Requested: Unicode Security Considerations

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 16:47:15 CDT

    Thanks for your comments, Michael. There are a few things to remember here.
    First, according to the recommendations, when characters are restricted it
    doesn't mean that you can't use them; it means that you either have to use a
    looser restriction level, or you would get a one-time alert. It is not
    simply a list of characters; reading the lists in isolation from the text
    would not provide enough information to see how they are to be used. You may
    also be looking at older versions: see
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicore-ml/y2005-m06/0033.html.

    Second, and most importantly, the data and recommendations are not by any
    means set in stone. This is the initial version, and we expect it to be
    refined over time, in consultation with other groups -- particularly the
    IETF. You have plenty of opportunity to provide feedback for future
    versions. Best is, of course, to get your feedback in early in the cycle ;-)

    ‎Mark