Re: Old Hebrew, extra Uniscribe work (Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!))

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 14:36:02 CDT

    asadek@st-elias.com wrote:

    > 2) Before Windows comes out with Phoenician support, years
    > will have passed and people will have used another perfectly
    > defensible solution: Hebrew. Will people really then feel they
    > should convert to the Phoenician block? Why even propose
    > this alternative which could disunify what works well today?

    Sorry, I'm going to have to direct you to the list archive. All this was debated, at
    length, and unfortunately the debate became quite unpleasant. So if we start talking about
    Phoenician again, we'll be told to stop.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com