Re: 28th IUC paper - Tamil Unicode New

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 19:18:38 CDT

    Philippe Verdy wrote:

    > the website www.opentype.org no longer points to the specs

    It never has.

    > Well, it's difficult to find the docs now:

    It's extremely difficult:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=opentype+specification
    and click on the 2nd link labeled "Microsoft Typography - *OpenType*
    *Specification* <http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/default.htm>"

    > And I can't find now the necessay OpenType docs on the
    > Microsoft.com/typography site, it only speaks about TrueType,

    Heh?
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ -> click on "Developing Fonts" ->
    "Specifications" and click on the first link on the page: "OpenType
    Specification v.1.4 <http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/>"

    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/OpenType%20Dev/tamil/intro.mspx

    > Is the OpenType "standard" dead?

    On the contrary. It's actually being adopted as an ISO standard:
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/links/news.aspx?NID=5033

    Adam