Re: non-positional numerals in Unicode?

From: Mike Ayers (mayers@celequest.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 12:19:46 CST

    Kit Peters wrote:
    > What numerals are encoded in Unicode that represent non-positional
    > numbering systems (e.g. Egyptian hieroglyphs, Babylonian - I know those
    > aren't implemented in Unicode, but they're examples of non-positional
    > numbering systems)?

            You could start by looking at Chinese numbers, which present
    interesting formatting issues. However, most modern Chinese speakers
    can read arabic numbers, so I don't know how much you'll actually need them.

            BTW, why be concerned with hieroglyphics or Babylonian? Are you
    holding out hope for a Valley of the Kings CLforJava User Group (VKCL4JUG)?

    /|/|ike