Re: Unihan numeric support in Java?

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 03:28:09 CST

    On 17/02/06, Kit Peters <popefelix@gmail.com> wrote:

    > 1) Is there a native Java way to retreive the numeric values for these
    > characters (i.e. a way that doesn't involve me parsing Unihan.txt)?

    If you're only interested in numbers, why not parse the following
    files directly, instead of UnicodeData.txt and Unihan.txt. They cover
    all characters defined as numbers by Unicode, including CJK
    ideographs.

    <http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/extracted/DerivedNumericValues.txt>
    <http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/extracted/DerivedNumericType.txt>

    Andrew