Re: Missing block names in Unibook

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 04:31:08 CST

    It's not enough to just load the NamesList.

    Go to your Unibook installation folder, and add this alternate Default-5.0.0d10.upr project file:
    [QUOTE]
    Version=0x500
    ProjectFile=Default-5.0.0d10.upr
    ConfigurationFile=Default.fmt
    CombiningList=Default.cmb
    CombiningRTLList=Default.rtl
    FontList=Default.cfl
    FontTable=Default.ftb
    HighlightList=

    BlockList=Blocks-5.0.0d2.txt
    CompositionExclusionFile=CompositionExclusions-5.0.0d1.txt
    CorePropertiesFile=DerivedCoreProperties-5.0.0d10.txt
    DerivedAgeFile=DerivedAge-5.0.0d8.txt
    EAWFile=EastAsianWidth-5.0.0d3.txt
    ExtendedPropertiesFile=PropList-5.0.0d10.txt
    HangulSyllableTypeFile=HangulSyllableType-5.0.0d8.txt
    JoiningTypeFile=DerivedJoiningType-5.0.0d8.txt
    JoiningGroupFile=DerivedJoiningGroup-5.0.0d8.txt
    LineBreakingFile=LineBreak-5.0.0d6.txt
    NameList=NamesList-5.0.0d1.txt
    NamedSequencesFile=NamedSequences-5.0.0d2.txt
    NormalizationPropertiesFile=DerivedNormalizationProps-5.0.0d8.txt
    NumericTypeFile=DerivedNumericType-5.0.0d10.txt
    PropListFile=PropList-5.0.0d10.txt
    PropertyAliasFile=PropertyAliases-5.0.0d8.txt
    PropertyValueAliasFile=PropertyValueAliases-5.0.0d8.txt
    ScriptNamesFile=Scripts-5.0.0d10.txt
    UnicodeDataFile=UnicodeData-5.0.0d10.txt
    [/QUOTE]

    And make sure that you have loaded all the text files referenced above from the UCD 5.0.0 beta.
    Finally, relaunch Unibook by drag-'n-dropping this file on top of Unibook.exe to pass it in parameter.

    You'll also need a set of fonts to support the new script blocks (or you'll get empty boxes in the charts): edit Default.ftp with the name of your updated fonts -- Well I currently don't have any font for the new Cuneiform block, and Latin Extension C and D and a few characters are missing in my installed fonts for legacy 4.1 blocks.

    For me, Unibook works perfectly...