Currency symbols (was: Looking for a font containing unicode range 2600-26FF)

From: Grosso, Gary (ggrosso@ptc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 16:31:00 CST

    This reminds me, I have a modified version of Baramond (TrueType) wherein I added all of the currency symbols at 20A0 - 20B5. I did this because it is hard to find most of these in most fonts and I needed them for testing. (Admittedly, some of them are probably absent from most fonts for good reasons.)

    It seems to me like Baramond is in a state where it should be legal to do this at least in a de facto sort of way (i.e., it is ubiquitous all over the Internet with no one claiming ownership), but I am not a lawyer.

    Unless someone thinks it is inappropriate, and if anyone is interested, I would be glad to make the font available (via http). I would welcome criticisms of my work, but please understand I didn't have a lot of time to spend and don't claim it to be any sort of masterpiece.

    I did the work with Font Creator Program.

    Best regards,
    Gary Grosso