Telugu Nukta sign encoding

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 09:06:41 CST

    Telugu Nukta sign encoding

    Richard Wordingham wrote in Unicode list:
    >I suppose one might argue that it's the Telugu nukta!

    "Telegu alveolar marker" (on ca and ja) is different
    from Telugu Nukta. Like Kannada, Devanagari
    scripts, Telugu also have a Nukta well-defined.
    The glyph of Telugu Nukta is a circle at the bottom-left of
    Telugu consonants. Like Michael Everson said,
    there is only certain time available, so I'll
    give a proposal for Telugu Nukta sign code-point
    in Unicode, but later. Top priority is, of course,
    danda disunification in Indian scripts (eg.,
    Bengali, Tamil, ....).

    Like Telugu alveolar marker, we need some
    special marker codepoints in Telugu, Tamil,
    Malayalam, ... Let me randomly choose
    4 markers in Dravidian needed for encoding and illustrate
    the use of markers. It will be in next mail.

    Thanks,
    N. Ganesan