Re: Unicode 5.0 decompositions of Balinese vowel signs with tedung

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 11:03:12 CST

    Also, are really the new "Lepcha" (U+1C00..U+1C4F) and "Ol Chiki" (U+1C50..U+1C7F) scripts part of Unicode 5.0 BETA? They are missing from the 5.0d1 beta PDF charts (or may be they have been delayed...)

    This situation seems to have changed sometime (because in the past I noted they were scheduled for Unicode 5, and now I'm confused with their omission).

    ---
    And there has been apparently a big reduction of the number of characters in the new Latin Extended-C (U+2C60..U+2C7F) and Extended-D (U+A720..U+A7FF) blocks, and I don't know what to think about that. May be those characters have been delayed for a future version and are still not decided.
    ---
    Did you reverify "'Phags-pa" (U+0840..U+087F) and "Saurastra" (U+A880..A8DF)?
    I am for example surprized to see that 'Phags-pa subjoined consonnants are not combining:
    U+A867..U+A868, U+A871; as well as the Candrabindu U+A873.
    And I wonder if the Danda-like "shad" punctuation signs U+A876..U+A877 should be drawn horizontally in a horizontal line layout, or if they would be combining instead, below the letters they follow. Their annotated "shad" Tibetan equivalents are drawn vertically. There does seems to be a mix of presentations in the Phags-Pa charts between glyphs for the horizontal layout and the vertical layout.
    I am confused now by the absence of Saurastra from the U5 BETA charts.
    ---
    Hmm....Definitely, I must reverify all the Unicode 5B2 data. The more I look, the more I see differences, removals, subtle additions and changes. Unfortunately there's no change history in the beta presentation page (it would have saved time, and would have avoided such errors or omissions, or could have traced decisions that were already made and applied in the BETA)