Re: Glyphs for German quotation marks

From: Henrik Theiling (theiling@absint.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 11:03:49 CDT

    Hi!

    Adam Twardoch writes:
    > Henrik Theiling wrote:
    > > So do we need German fonts to get it right? Or what is the solution
    > > for Germans wanting to type their language e.g. in Verdana?
    > >
    > If someone's personal taste does not allow him to like the particular
    > design of the quotation marks in Verdana, then he or she is free to
    > use a different font. The others may just use the font as it is, since
    > it's perfectly fine.

    It is not personal taste that is the problem, but the quotation marks
    that are just plain wrong. Have you ever looked at the images that
    have been posted?

    My intension was to prevent a flame war, therefore, I sought for
    constructive comments. Your destructive answer, however, does not
    seem to be written with an intension to help. Neglecting some
    language's writing system's needs is not an intension of Unicode, in
    fact, it's just the opposite but that's what you seem to do here.

    **Henrik