RE: Glyphs for German quotation marks

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 03:03:40 CDT

    Adam Twardoch wrote:
    > The Unicode Standard shows exemplary glyphs for some
    > characters in one particular typeface. So?

    Yes, but that does not give you licence to swap the glyphs
    for two similar but different characters, nor make two
    different-looking characters look the same, nor similar
    mixups. One can make an "a" glyph that looks remarkably
    much like a "d", or make a "d" glyph that looks much like
    an "a". It's not a good idea, however. Doing so just annoys
    people. So I look forward to getting certain very commonly
    available fonts "fixed" ("made less annoying", if you prefer)
    w.r.t. quote mark glyphs.

            /kent k