Re: More Permanent Faults? - Unicode 5.0 Casefolding

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 08:13:40 CDT

    From: "George W Gerrity" <g.gerrity@gwg-associates.com.au>
    > Is it a legitimate solution to create a new codepoint for CAPITAL
    > DOTLESS I?

    No. then we would need a new codepoint as well for the SMALL DOTTED I.And this would break the current usage in Turkish which already uses since long the ASCII small letter i and capital letter I.

    There's nothing wrong in casemappings for Turkic languages, as it is already handled in SpecialCasing, where the Turkic rules already override the default simple case mappings of the UCD.

    This would be really overkill.