Re: Glyphs for German quotation marks

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2006 - 18:22:57 CDT

    From: "Andreas Prilop" <nhtcapri@rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de>
    > They are complety wrong! I am sorry to say this: But you have
    > no idea of German quotation marks!

    Could you stop your monologue, please? Your arguments have already been heard, no need to repeat and repeat again. And please don't say that there's no German expertise at Unicode's UTC or at ISO/IEC 10646 WG2. Some of the very active UTC and WG2 members discussing here are German natives, as well as authors of the fonts you're criticizing (notably those working at Monotype, previously a Agfa company when those fonts were designed and used since decennials including in Germany).

    There's nothing wrong in Unicode or ISO/IEC 10646 regarding the encodings, and discussing typefaces is

    Thanks.