Re: Draft 3 of the proposal to encode an EXTERNAL LINK SIGN in the BMP

From: Don Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 07:33:02 CDT

    Hmmm - something like "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."
    ? (Sorry, couldn't resist ...)

    What about a "planes of existence" approach? Are there categories of
    written/printed entities that could be more or less happily assigned to the
    supplementary ideographic plane SIP (if I understand its purpose correctly)
    rather than the BMP?