Kashmiri in the Perso-Arabic script

From: Dheeraj Kumar (dheerajkumar_97@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 05:21:59 CST

Hello all, I know that Unicode is a script based standard and not a language based one. I'd like to enlighten myself as to the status of Kashmiri, as written in the Perso-Arabic script, vis-a-vis Unicode 5.0. In simple words, I'd like to know if all Kashmiri characters are present in the Unicode standard. I tried hard to find this information on the web and I don't know how to compare all the Kashmiri characters with the set of Arabic-Persian characters in Unicode. I found a PDF of a newsletter brought out by the Government of India's TDIL department wherein they talk of a standard called PASCII. The newsletter also mentions conversion to and from Unicode and PASCII. I believe that the Govt. of India suggested the incorporation of PASCII into Unicode, but the newsletter is dated October 2002. Will anyone please guide me to a more recent resource? Thanks & best regards, Dheeraj Kumar