Re: FW: Subj: Word Perfect file converted to Unicode Text

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 18:39:06 CST

    If the only copy you have is a unicode text file then many things,
    such as the font, font size, underlining etc have not been saved, only
    the text itself has been saved.

    One thing is to open the text file in say notepad, select all, then
    copy and paste into a new Word Perfect file. This should give you
    something.

    Prevention is better than cure, saving as you go along, means that if
    this happens only the few changes since you last saved should be
    affected, rather than several hours work.

    yours sincerely

    John Knightley

    Quoting "Magda Danish (Unicode)" <v-magdad@microsoft.com>:

    > Can anyone on the list help with this? This kind of problem comes
    > up every now and then, most of the time from people who are not
    > computer savvy and using Word Perfect or MS Word, WordPad, etc. I am
    > never able to help them restore their files and was wondering if
    > anyone on the list ran into a similar problem and would have some
    > advice to give.
    > Thanks,
    > Magda

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net