RE: Character entries

From: Rick Cameron (
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 13:06:46 CST

  • Next message: Cristian Secară: "Re: Character entries"

    I think the bottom line is that there is no generic way in Windows to do
    this. Some applications (MS Word, MS Outlook) allow you to enter any
    Unicode character by typing the hexadecimal value for the code point and
    pressing Alt+X.
    - rick


    [] On Behalf Of Elsebeth Flarup
            Sent: Thursday, 7 December 2006 10:44
            Subject: Re: Character entries
            Wikipedia lists a number of options in various environments
            Look for the "Input methods" section.
            ----- Original Message ----
            From: Jeff Ward <>
            Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2006 9:41:52 PM
            Subject: Character entries
            I routinely use ascii codes to enter special characters
    (superscripts, degrees symbol etc) by the keystrokes "alt+code". Is
    there a similar keyboard procedure (rather than cut and paste frfrom
    character map) for entering characters directly into documents using

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Thu Dec 07 2006 - 13:10:27 CST