YahooMail Encoding Problems-1(UTF-8 to TrISO)

From: gultekin orhon (gultekino@isbank.net.tr)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 05:21:33 CST

    Yahoogroups is very popular in Turkey and this has increased
    the usage of “*.yahoo” addresses in emails.

    In Turkey about 95% of the webpages are composed with Turkish ISO.
    Personal settings should be 95% TrISO too.

    Yahoo somehow is incompatible with three unique Turkish
    Letters, ı(U0130,U0131), ş(U015E and F) and ğ(U007E and F).
    Yahoo originating mails arrive at Turkish ISO machines as almost
    illegible.

    YahooMail-Beta has two sections; Main page with fixed UTF-8 coding
    and messages sections where encoding is adjustable.

    Compose Tab is a part of the main section and messages from Yahoo
    are received as unlegible. “ışığı” comes as “¹º¹»¹”

    The coding whitewashed “Latin3 ISO”. (Picture Attached)

    I intend to send two more emails with different coding problems.

    I have collected some data and sample email correspondance and shall
    willingly cooperate to help solve the problem.

    Regards,

    Gültekin Orhon
    Bican Efendi Sokak No:8
    Kuzguncuk- Üsküdar
    34674 Istanbul

    Tel- 216 341 3856
    Tel- 532 644 3420

    note- The outgoing message above encoded as UTF-8.