Re: Query for Validity of Thai Sequence

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 01:52:59 CST

    I was just in midst of answering along the same lines as John, but he
    did such a good job that I can only support what he wrote.

    But I can't resist a comment, which must be understood as secondary
    (make that tertiary) to the discussion.

    > Successful writing systems tend to get adapted for multiple languages,
    The term "successful writing systems" makes me nervous, especially with
    the "tend to get adapted" part. Unless you define "successful" by "get
    adapted" (in which case you have a tautology), the value judgment is at
    best dubious. And anyway, your argument works equally well without
    "Successful", so why go there?

    Eric.