missing symbol

From: William J Poser (wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 18:42:37 CST

    Okay, so the short answer to my query is: No, "tally five" is not encoded
    and there is no combining character that will yield the desired result.

    As to whether this is is something that should be encoded, I lean toward
    it on the grounds that it is conventionalized, unlike the various sorts
    of tallying that Philippe Verdy mentions, and rather like the Chinese
    counting rod systems. But I do not want to get into a big fight about
    whether it belongs in Unicode - there are more productive ways of spending
    one's time.

    Bill