RE: BOCU-1 spec

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 18:58:07 CST

    De la part de Asmus Freytag:
    > I'm sure the overall comfort level would be much higher if someone where
    > to report about a success in getting a license (and perhaps some of the
    > details of the terms thereof).

    If such details about the successfully granted licences are not known here,
    it's possible that the licensing terms include a requirement about
    maintaining the existence of such agreement private/secret. I don't know
    because I have not asked for such licence, and don't need it, given that I
    use ICU (or ICU4J which also contains the same support of BOCU and BOCU-1).

    But I'm not a lot concerned, because I actually have no data encoded with
    either of these encodings. So this is a theoretical point (if there was a
    problem with that, I could safely drop BOCU-* from the ICU sources I use).