RE: ISO 6429 control sequences with non-ASCII CES's

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 13:00:33 CST

    I did not say that it could not be done. But only if you know exactly which
    escape encoding scheme is used; in Plan-texts, there's nothing that says
    that ECMA or ANSI or another teletext system is used. And between these
    standards, the decoding rules are NOT the same, with the final effect that
    espace sequences are NOT terminated at the same position, given the same
    input (not all these systems terminate the esacpae sequence on the first
    occurrence of a character in [40-7E].

    In fact, sequences can be longer... especially for escape sequences for
    user-defined character glyphs encoded as embedded bitmaps. The effective
    sequence length is then determined by something else, like the explicit
    encoding of the length of variable parameters.