Re: Cipher notation for music

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 10:43:25 CST

    I rather expected slurs and ties would be difficult to cover in plain text.

    I suppose bar lines and repeat lines should just about be possible,
    maybe some sort of language tag would help.

    Aswell there are sharps and flats in the music symbols block.

    John

    Quoting Andrew West <andrewcwest@gmail.com>:

    > On 02/04/07, vunzndi@vfemail.net <vunzndi@vfemail.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> One would think so however, a rough list, defintely not complete, in
    >> no particular order would be:-
    >>
    >> (1) slurs
    >>
    >> (2) ties
    >>

    > Slurs,ties, bar lines, repeat lines, etc. would use the characters in
    > the Musical Symbols block. However, correct formatting of music using
    > these symbols is probably beyond the scope of plain text.
    >
    > Andrew

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net