RE: Optimus keyboard

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 18:59:32 CST

    Christopher Fynn wrote:
    > > Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
    > > ... And Mac OS users are fortunate in that
    > > Keyboard Viewer is easily accessible: I *still* haven't found a
    > > reliable equivalent in Kubuntu or Windows XP.
    >
    > Win XP has always had an on-screen keyboard - though it is buried away so
    > most
    > users don't know its there. (choose Start, Run, and enter OSK to bring it
    > up).

    Just press the keys "WinLogo"+U to select and run assistive input helpers.
    This is documented in every version of Windows, even printed in the small
    booklet that comes with the CD or DVD... (with the exception the OEM version
    that has no printed doc, but such doc is provided by the PC manufacturer,
    which may provide additional assistive tools).