Re: non-terrestrial writing systems

From: David Starner (prosfilaes@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 07:29:04 CDT

  • Next message: Magda Danish (Unicode): "31st Internationalization & Unicode Conference to Feature New Content on New Technologies, Academic Topics, Web Mail and Hot Topics in Internationalization"

    On 5/31/07, Daniel Yacob <unicode@geez.org> wrote:
    > This is an amusing notion. Wouldn't we all be tickled to death if the
    > first extra-terrestrial contact came in the form of a character encoding
    > request? :-)

    I suspect that it would be the other way around; the first
    extra-terrestrial contact would be asking for information on Unicode
    so they could add our scripts to Galacticode. If, of course, the
    "Transliterate, don't Proliferate" crew didn't get their way. (-: