RE: How to write Tel Aviv Yafo?

From: Jonathan Rosenne (jr@qsm.co.il)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 11:30:00 CDT

    The answer is yes.

    See:

    http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%AA%D7%9C_%D7%90%D7%91%D7%99%D7%91

    http://www.tel-aviv.gov.il/Hebrew/Index.asp

    In particular, look at the images - they were drawn by people who know the
    difference between a Maqaf and a hyphen.

    The first is normally either space or Maqaf. Most compounds which use Maqaf
    in the Bible are written today with space.

    The second is a hyphen.

    Hyphen-Minus is often used for both because of historic computer
    limitations.

    In English I would use space and hyphen.

    Jony