Re: that font-letter spacing problem - MS Word issue?

From: Aiet Kolkhi (aietkolkhi@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 10:22:12 CDT

    On 7/11/07, Doug Ewell <dewell@roadrunner.com> wrote:
    > They have a right to be non-committal about providing support
    > for Georgian in a future product, and if they decide not to, it's
    > probably because they feel the support isn't good enough to release and
    > they don't want to embarrass themselves.

    I agree.

    Apple OS X has brilliant Unicode support though, so providing basic
    Georgian support would only require them to include a few keyboard
    layouts (other operating systems have been doing this for almost a
    decade), at list one font and a few strings of locale data.

    Of course they may choose not to do so for whatever reason—all I am
    saying is that doing it would make lots of Georgian Apple OS X users
    very happy :)

    -
    Aiet