Re: Is someone work on hebrew palestinian/babylonian punctuation?

From: Petr Tomasek (tomasek@etf.cuni.cz)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 13:55:35 CDT

    On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 02:32:18AM -0400, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

    > On May 14, 2007, at 1:11 AM, Petr Tomasek wrote:
    >

    > >Hello!
    > >
    > >I'd like to ask if someone is working on a proposal to
    > >encode the historic alternate systems for Hebrew
    > >vocals / accents, i.e. the so-called palestinian
    > >and babylonian vocalization?
    >
    > Yes. See http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2838.pdf
    > (Palestinian) and http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2839.pdf
    > (Babylonian).

    Hi, there is a minor error in the proposal: http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2839.pdf

    The figure 1. is NOT taken from the facsimile of codex Or. 2363, but is a copied
    of the edition of A. Sperber of the Targum (The Bible in Aramaic, vol. 1: The Pentateuch according
    to Targum Onkelos, Leiden: Brill 1959).

    --
    Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>
    Jabber: butrus@jabbim.cz